Everyone should have a reliable chicken soup they can turn to when the whole house is sick, or it's bitter cold outside. Once you have your basics down you can add anything you like to this delicious soup. So play around with the ingredients until you find what's "perfect" for you.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, boiled or can boil in the broth (can use frozen, leftovers, what ever you have on hand)
- 2 boxes chicken broth (or homemade broth/stock)
- large onion, chopped *
- green bell pepper, chopped *
- 3-4 ribs celery, chopped *
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- (* you can use bag of frozen chopped onion, green pepper, celery)
- 3 T olive oil to saute
- large bag of wide egg noodles
Saute onion, pepper & celery, till onions are transparent. Transfer to stock pot (unless you saute them in your stock pot). Add rest of ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer. Check broth, add salt & pepper to taste. Simmer about 1 hour (if you put raw/frozen chicken into broth - remove when cooked and dice/shred & return to pot).
Bring back to a boil and add egg noodles. Cook till noodles are done.
Serve with extra cracked pepper (or how ever you like your perfect soup).
Use this for a base ~ add and/or subtract ingredients that are perfect for your family.