Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cheese Ball

This wonderful recipe has been in my stash since my freshman home economics class (34-35 years ago). Everyone loves it, and today I share it with you.



2 - 8 oz pkg. cream cheese

8 oz cheddar cheese - finely shredded

1 T finely chopped onion

1 T finely chopped green bell pepper

1 T finely chopped pimento

1 t worchestershire sauce

chopped pecans


Combine all the ingredients, except for the pecans (I use my Kitchen Aid with the paddle, if you don't have a stand mixer, mixing with your hands works best). Make sure all the ingredients are mixed well, form into a ball then roll in the chopped pecans. Best if chilled a few hours (or over night).


Serve with your favorite crackers or melba toast.

2 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Yum! This reminds me of a recipe my grandmother made for every special occasion. I am sure it is delicious! Thanks for coming to visit me on my blog, too! :)
Carrie

akawest said...

Mmm, I could go for some of that right now.