Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Copycat Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

When I think about corn bread, I think of white corn meal, and a wrought iron skillet with some wonderful southern style cornbread. Many think of the sweet yellow corn muffin mix that comes in the little 8.5 ounce boxes "Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix". 



I love Jiffy cornbread too. It's just not "cornbread" (some know what I mean *wink, wink*).

Well I found this copycat "Jiffy" corn muffin mix. It's delicious and tastes like that sweet corn muffin mix. 

INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow corn meal (I use white corn meal)
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk

INSTRUCTIONS
The linked instruction have you add the egg & milk after mixing all the other ingredients. Since I'm making mine immediately I just mix all my ingredients together at the same time. (For the above pictured Pyrex dish I double the recipe)

Mix well with whisk.

I pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 9 pan.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 
Bake 15-20 minutes

If you wish to make Corn Muffins:
Fill muffin tins 1/2 full. Bake 15-20 minutes.
Makes 6 muffins.

No comments: