Friday, August 06, 2010

Mashed Potato Cakes

Have you ever had mashed potato cakes? 
My mom would make these with left-over mashed potatoes when I was little. 

We don't have left-over mashed potatoes very often, but one day we did. I thought I'd let Audrey get a taste of this childhood treat. She loved them! Now she'll request them without even having left overs.

I don't have a true recipe, I just make them the way my mom did. However, I did look for an actual recipe to share with you. I found some that you add a beaten egg or dredge the 'cakes' in flour. I don't do either of these (I have used a little flour if the texture of the potatoes need help forming patties).

Take your left over potatoes and

form into patties.

I use a non-stick pan with a little canola oil rubbed in it.

Cook till golden brown, yummy!

You could also add different seasonings, chopped onions, shredded cheese, or maybe top them with sour cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these!! I thought it was such a treat when my mom made what we called "potato pancakes".
I guess I know what I will be making soon.