Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Leftovers

Want an easy recipe for your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers? 

I'm sure you probably have a recipe for a turkey/chicken potpie! However this one is super simple and really uses whatever you have on hand.

  • approx. 2 cups of mixed vegetables (I used veggies from my frozen veggie bowl (peas & corn), lima beans, 2 small potatoes and a carrot (I steamed the raw veggies in the microwave before adding to the potpie)
  • can of cream soup (usually I use cream of mushroom or celery, but I only had cream of potato. Was fantastic!)
  • leftover turkey
  • your favorite seasonings (I usually use Oregano, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste, but the leftover peas were 'basil peas' so I just added Thyme, garlic, salt & pepper)
  • can of biscuits (Audrey rolled 2 of the large biscuits together for our individual 'pies' placed over our filling). Cut vents in the top. I have also used homemade biscuits dropped onto the filling, cornbread and the copycat Jiffy corn muffin mix for the top of the potpies.



Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. 

They were very yummy, & aren't the individual 'pies' so cute?

No comments: