Friday, February 15, 2008

Twenty Years!!

Twenty years ago today, my husband and I went on our first date! Twenty years! How can twenty years past so quickly?

When I was a young girl, I would hear adults say "My how time flies". I remember being confused as to what they meant. Now, at 47 years old, I look back at that first date like it was last month. My 22 y/o neice was only born 10 years ago. Our 10 y/o daughter was a newborn a few months ago. I now understand!

My own age never really makes me feel old. However, when I actually see little kids I use to baby sit are grown with families of there own. Actors I watched as a child are in their 50's, 60's and 70's. I remember reel to reels, 8 track tapes, only 3 or 4 channnels on the tv, no one owned their own computer's (much less laptops).

Well, I could go on forever I guess. Even though these past twenty years have gone by so very fast, I have to say that my Lord has blessed me greatly, and I cherish every minute.


PS. Thanks sweetie for twenty great years!

No comments: