Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Continue Your Prayers!

Photobucket


Today I am very sad for our country (though, proud that we have come so far as to have our first African American President). Actually to the level of discernment, ESPECIALLY among fellow CHRISTIANS.

I still have peace knowing that God is in control. I also know that with Americans praying for McCain & Obama to be elected, God could allow the majorities have what they want even if it's not the best thing for them at the moment (read in I Samuel 8:5-22, Israel asked Samuel for a "king" to rule over them. Even after the Lord told them how it would be, they still wanted one. So, the Lord gave them one...King Saul).

So, I'm thinking our new President-elect is our (the American people) "King Saul". So many were blinded by his celebrity status and his mesmerizing speeches, but didn't really listen to the words being said.

Now that President-elect Obama is our new president, he will have my prayers for his strength, his safety and his wisdom. We all need to pray for this great nation, remember that this country was founded on God. We must return to His Will for America.

You can find great comfort in God's Word. Grab your bible, read His Word and pray for his guidance. Here's some verses to get you started...


I Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus
concerning you.
~*~
Psalms 24:1
The earth is the LORD's,
and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
~*~
Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee:
be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;
yea, I will uphold thee with the right
hand of my righteousness.
~*~
Psalms 34:1
I will bless the LORD at all times:
his praise shall continually
be in my mouth.

No comments: