Thursday, June 25, 2009

Decoupage

I love visiting Sara at Sara's Art* House. Her artwork is inspiring (check out her Etsy shop)! She has taken us on tours of her colorful home through the photo's she shares.

She allowed her blog readers to watch her kitchen go through a magnificent transformation with this post, about a wall getting chalk board paint & decoupage. Then the decoupage spread to this wall too. Since this transformation I have wanted to decoupage something in our house.

Well, since I've only decoupaged a couple small boxes & tins, I thought we should start my journey into "colorizing" our home with something small. So, my daughter and I took this...

an old copper light switch cover from the kitchen and turned it into this...


We love it! Now on to something else :)!

No comments: