Monday, June 14, 2010

What!? You're Kidding Me?!

Really!? My birthday? That was the last entry I made on my blog? Did I go on a month long vacation?

No I didn't and to my family, friends and followers... I am so sorry.

I'm going to give you a tiny glimpse into my past month. Believe me, I'm not making an excuse for my blog absence. I just want you to know that it has to be something important to keep me away.

First, the day after my birthday a dear dear friend died suddenly. We had been friends since our "stroller days". My parents & his parents double dated in high school. We grew up together, babysat our younger siblings together (while our parents "double dated" for the anniversaries), went & graduated from school together, and even went to church together. So, needless to say that was a shock !

Then the following Saturday while we were at my nephew's high school graduation my aunt Ruthie died. That wasn't a shock, she had been fighting cancer, but you know... it's still my aunt.

The next week we find out that another dear friend was diagnosed with leukemia. She has now finished her first round of chemo, has lost her hair and may actually get to go home in 2-3 weeks (at least for a little while).

Also, some where in there, throw in a visit to the ER for my 17 y/o nephew complaining of chest pains. It turned out to be costochondritis. Which is an inflammation of a rib or the cartilage connecting a rib. It's a very common cause of chest pain, but was still scary at first.

Then add a round of the sickies in the family. We've had high definition stereo coughing now for about 2 weeks. That's always fun .

Sorry to droll on, but I just wanted you both to know that it really has to be something major to keep me away from here . I know how busy moderating etc. can get so once again I'm so sorry to leave you short handed .

I will fill you in on the wonderful parts of this past month....yes, there were some of those too!

No comments: