Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

As Memorial Day was approaching one of my cousins started posted pictures of our Uncle Estes on Facebook. 

I never got to meet my Uncle Estes because he gave his life on Tuesday, July 25, 1944 during WWII. He is buried in Normandy American Cemetery; Colleville-sur-Mer, France.

Memorial Day is a special day set aside to remember all our fallen soldiers. So I wanted to post pictures of my Uncle Estes and the medals he received.


The medals across the top L to R: The Bronze Star; The Purple Heart; The Army Good Conduct Medal; American Defense Medal WWII; European - African - Middle Eastern Campaign Medal WWII; WWII Victory Medal.
The small medals on the bottom right are mini versions of the top row to wear on their uniforms, as are the bars in the middle above the brass plate.
I don't know what the other's are.

~oOo~ 

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: