Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Christmas at my Parents!

I know this is quite a few picture, believe me, it's just a tiny "drop in the bucket" (where do we get some of our crazy sayings). 

My brother Tony holding his 5 year old daughter Janie's presents...the little ones aren't spoiled! 
No, not at all hehe!

The most adorable picture. My great niece Finley cuddled up in the blanket Jen made for Britainy.

WARNING...she gets even more adorable!

Warned you...she fell asleep!

 Jen opening Keegan's present! (I think Mat's trying to photobomb - not really)

Mom & Dad (and of course Ali at my Dad's feet)

One of Audrey's many presents.

One of Audrey's presents for Granny (a glass cardinal ornament). Granny loves her cardinals she has in the backyard.

Sisters - my nieces Britainy & Cassidy!

Avery at her house before heading to Granny & Grandpa's.
Photo by Mitzi
Nieces Avery & Cassidy
Photo by Mitzi
My great niece Finley at her house Christmas morning!

Another cute one of Finley!

Cousins - my nieces Avery & Janie!


~♥~
 A story to go with the next three pictures!
When we (my sister, brother & I) were young we didn't have a lot of money. One year we really struggled with what to get Dad for Christmas. Well, Dad loves peppermint, and we found straight peppermint sticks that were about a foot long and about the diameter of a quarter. We bought 3 (1 from each of us) and we had his present.

Fast forward to our adulthood (I'm not sure what year, some time in the beginning 80's I think) my sister Mitzi finds a giant peppermint stick like the one in the following pictures.

Now six grandchildren and the first Christmas of a great grandchild later. He still gets his giant candy cane.

There's no name tag. It's one of the first presents opened. He acts like he has no clue who it could be for, or what it is. The little one's have so much fun telling Grandpa that he had better "open it to see who's it is".




He then opens it and with the honing steel from the knife block he whacks at it and we all get to enjoy someffo the best peppermint I've ever taste!

~♥~

My nephew Keegan with Jen! Isn't the chalkboard fireplace so cute!
My niece Britainy drew this on her chalkboard wall for her stockings! There was a "fire" burning and everything

My sister Mitzi

A cousin pile

The three little girls!

Hope your Christmas was as blessed as mine!

No comments: